Employment Screening Resources Integration with Greenhouse
The Employment Screening Resources integration allows you to automatically take newly-hired candidates from Greenhouse and add them to Employment Screening Resources. To link your Greenhouse account, contact Employment Screening Resources Customer Success for an endpoint url and a secret key you'll need to get started. Once you have both of those items, complete the following steps to link your accounts!
- Ask a Site Admin with Advanced permissions to log into Greenhouse
- Have them select Configure > Users > Your Name
- At the bottom of the page, select Can manage and configure web hooks
- Repeat for anyone else that should have access
- Now that you have the correct permissions, log into your Greenhouse account
- Select Configure > Dev Center > Web Hooks > Web Hooks
- You'll land on a page called Create a New Web Hook
- To configure the ESR Check Integration
- Input the Endpoint URL and Secret Key provided to you by Employment Screening Resources, then make sure the Web hook type is Candidate has been hired.
- Press Create Web Hook. That's it! Your Greenhouse account and Employment Screening Resources account can now talk to each other.
Placing a New Order
In Greenhouse, Create the Offer of employment and select the appropriate background screening package. The integration will push the candidates first name, last name and email address to the ESR Check Solution along with the package ID.
Step 1: Create Offer
Step 2: Select Background Screening Package for Applicant
Step 3: Mark as Hired After Offer Accepted
Step 4: Candidate will Receive Invitation to Engage the ESRCheck Applicant Portal
Any information transferred over as part of the integration will pre-populate in the ESRCheck Solution. The candidate will be presented with required legal disclosures and will provide authorization to conduct the background check. Our applicant portal will collect any additional information not transferred over that is needed to conduct the background check.
ESR’s API supports the pre-population of any type of information needed to conduct the background check (employment, education, references, addresses) as well as the ability to post a link back to the report. This is not currently part of the standard Webhook.
After using the integration, you may decide you want to share more info between Greenhouse and Employment Screening Resources. If you would like additional information transferred over as part of the integration, please reach out to your dedicated Client Services Representative at Employment Screening Resources to discuss any changes. The Employment Screening Resources team can be reached at (888) 999.4474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.