Greenhouse can work with Workday’s report writer to import a list of jobs you can use when creating a new position in Greenhouse. Simply generate a report of all jobs available for hire in Workday and expose the fields you’d like Greenhouse to import. You can take a look at the report format here.
How does Greenhouse adapt these values?
These values map to specific fields when creating a job in Greenhouse. Below, the value on the left is the item in the Workday report, and the value on the right is how we will use it in Greenhouse.
- Internal_Job_Name — Maps to job name (Internal and external) in Greenhouse.
- Level — Maps to Level. As this is a select box, Greenhouse will attempt to look up a level setting in Greenhouse that is an exact, case-insensitive text match for the value from Workday. If it can not find one, this will be left blank. The Greenhouse options are Entry-level, Mid-level, and Senior.
- No_of_Openings — The number of openings that will be created.
- Requisition_ID — Maps to Requisition ID in Greenhouse. This is expected to be the Workday Requisition ID so it can be communicated back to Workday when a candidate is hired. Also, once this Requisition ID is added to a job, Greenhouse will filter this ID out of the new job list being imported from Workday so you don't create two Greenhouse jobs for one Workday job.
- Employment_Type — Maps to Employment type using the same text match strategy as Level. The Greenhouse options are Full-time, Part-time, Intern, Contract, and Temporary.
- Office — Maps to Greenhouse Office using the same text match strategy as Level. Note this only supports one office. Offices will need to be created in Greenhouse before they can be used in imports.
- Department — Maps to Greenhouse Department using the same text match strategy as Level. Departments will need to be created in Greenhouse before they can be used in imports.
- Salary — Maps to the salary item in Greenhouse. As this is free text, Greenhouse will add exactly what is contained in the element.
What about custom fields?
Greenhouse allows you to import free-text and single-select custom fields. For free-text fields (number, long text, short text, URL, date), Greenhouse will attempt to find a Custom Field whose name exactly matches the XML element. The match will be case insensitive, and underscores will be replaced with spaces. That means the XML element <wd:Custom_Field_One> will match a custom field named Custom Field One or custom field one.
For single-select custom fields, Greenhouse will attempt to look up the custom field as described above, then look up a custom field option that exactly matches the value inside that element. When importing custom fields that include a date, please use the format MM/DD/YYYY.
Which custom fields does Greenhouse not support?
Greenhouse currently does not support importing to currency, multi-select, or range custom fields.
Where should this report be located?
Greenhouse can get this report from any URL.
How do I secure the report?
The report should be available on an HTTPS URL using HTTP basic authorization.
What do I have to supply Greenhouse?
Greenhouse only needs the report URL, username, and password required for access.
Can I control the order of these jobs?
Yes. Greenhouse will mirror the order of the report as it exists at the given URL, so whatever ordering you apply to the report in Workday will be reflected in Greenhouse.
Can I create multiple openings?
Greenhouse only automatically supports reports with a single opening. After the job is created in Greenhouse, however, you can add additional openings and generate opening IDs on the Job Setup > Job Info page like any other job.
Can I still use the “Start from a copy of an existing job” option?
Yes! In this case, Greenhouse will import all the relevant info from Workday like normal, but it will also copy over Greenhouse-specific fields like the interview plan, scorecard, approvals, and job post from the other job.
Am I required to select a job to import when creating a new job?
No. At the bottom of the list of jobs, you will find the option to skip the import step. Clicking this link will allow you to continue without selecting a job from Workday.
Can I search for the job I want?
Yes! In the upper left hand corner of the page, you will see a small text box that says Filter by name or req id:
This text box allows you to filter the entire list by the job name:
Or the requisition ID: