Greenhouse and HackerEarth have created an integration so that you can seamlessly use the two products together to add an assessment to your interview pipeline.
To implement the integration, you will:
- Contact HackerEarth to request your API key, and then send it to your Greenhouse Account Manager who will take care of entering it into the system.
- Add a special HackerEarth stage to your interview pipeline.
- As candidates enter that stage, send the HackerEarth interview through Greenhouse.
- Once candidates submit their test, a link to the results will be accessible through the Interview Kit in Greenhouse.
Enabling the Integration
To enable the integration, log in to you HackerEarth account. Go to your settings page (https://www.hackerearth.com/recruiter/settings/) and generate your Greenhouse API Key (or contact HackerEarth to request your API Key). Once you receive it, forward it on to your Greenhouse Account Manager. You Account Manager will enter the API Key into the system and let you know when the integration is ready to go.
Adding the HackerEarth Interview Stage
To add the stage to your Interview Plan:
- Navigate to a specific job, and click the Job Setup tab
- Click Interview Plan
- Scroll down the page, and click the green + Add Stage button
- Select HackerEarth Assessment, and click the Add button
Configuring the Stage
Once the stage has been added, click Edit Take Home Test. From there, you will see a drop-down menu that reflects the assessment that you’ve previously set up in HackerEarth. Select the appropriate assessment, assign at least one Greenhouse user to grade/review submitted assessment, and then click Save.
Keep in mind that all configuration of the assessment itself, as well as the email template, will need to be handled in HackerEarth. While you will click "Send Test" from within Greenhouse, the interview instructions are actually sent by HackerEarth.
Sending the Test
When candidates are moved into the HackerEarth Interview stage, Greenhouse will display a Send Test link. While you will click "Send Test" in Greenhouse, the interview instructions will actually be sent through HackerEarth.
The status of the assessment will be viewable in Greenhouse:
- Take Home Test to be sent.
- Waiting for candidate to submit test
- Scorecard due from <DESIGNATED_GRADER>
Reviewing Test Results
Once the candidate has submitted their test, the Interview Kit will contain a link to view the submitted test on HackerEarth.