In November 2016, the USCIS released an updated version of the Federal I9. A full breakdown of the updates can be found on the USCIS website.
We will be updating the standard I9 available in Greenhouse Onboarding by EOD on Monday, December 5, 2016.
If you are collecting a counter-signature on your I9, please reach out to your Account Manager to schedule a time for your form to be updated.
What's new on the I9?
- Instead of asking for other names used, the form will now ask for other last names used.
- A dedicated area for including additional information rather than having to add it in the margins.
- A computer friendly I9 form that requires Adobe 8 or higher.
How will the new computer friendly form affect my new hires experience in Greenhouse Onboarding?
- Greenhouse will not be using the computer friendly version that requires Adobe.
- This form was created so that the form can be filled out on a computer, without using a third-party application like DocuSign or HelloSign. Since Greenhouse Onboarding already uses HelloSign to collect the I9, we do not need to use this new form.
- Not using the new computer-friendly version of the form, means your employees will still be able to sign the form through Greenhouse Onboarding, and will not need to download Adobe 8 or higher.
What does this mean for customers of Greenhouse Onboarding?
- If you are currently using the standard I9 provided in Greenhouse Onboarding, the form will be updated by EOD on Monday, December 5, 2016.
- After this date, all new hires will receive the updated version of the form.
I collect a counter-signature on my I9, will that change when my form gets updated?
- If you are collecting a counter-signature on your I9, meaning a representative of your company fills out the employer verification portion of the I9, please reach out to your Account Manager to schedule a time for your form to be updated.